All first-time freshmen are required to pay a non-refundable $200 Freshman Enrollment Deposit to secure a place in the entering class. The Freshman Enrollment Deposit covers the cost for you and one other adult to attend Blazer Beginnings orientation.
Students may not make a reservation for New Student Orientation or apply for on-campus housing until the Freshman Enrollment Deposit is submitted.
- Priority Deadline: June 1 to submit the Freshman Enrollment Deposit or request a deferral of payment.
- How to Pay Deposit: Students are encouraged to pay the deposit by debit or credit card to quickly have access to reserve a spot for orientation or apply for housing. Alternatively, students can mail a check. Checks must include the student's name and student number for proper processing. Please note that mailed checks will require additional processing time.
- How to Request a Deferral: Entering freshmen who have demonstrated financial need may request a deferral of payment. Deferrals will only be granted for students who have sent their completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to UAB and whose Estimated Family Contribution (EFC) is $500 or below. For more information, contact your admissions counselor.
- First-time freshmen who enroll in the spring semester.
- First-time freshmen who graduated high school more than twelve (12) months before the current academic year.